- LGBTQ Climate Survey 2010
- New Paltz adds gender identity to non-discrimination policy statement
- New Paltz begins the New Paltz Allies Program
- Letter from President and Executive Director for Compliance and Campus Climate to Campus Community on Task Force Report 2014
- LGBTQ Campus Climate Task Force Report 2013
- Sojourner Truth Library resources (journals, magazines, and newspapers covering lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered studies)
- Summary of campus information for LGBTQ students
- Rivera House, a Living & Learning Community
- Trans * Ally Workbook: Getting Pronouns Right and What it Teaches Us About Gender by Davey Shlasko's provides excellent practical guidelines for using the right pronouns, and approaching language in a way that makes folks of all genders feel comfortable and safe. Available in the STL and as an e-book, click the "access E-book Edition", if you are off campus, you will be prompted to enter your New Paltz login and Password.
Local and regional resources
- Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center
"As a safe, supportive environment, the Hudson Valley LGTBQ Community Center provides services, professional resources, and programs that unite the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community across lines of age, race, gender, and economics. advocacy, community." 300 Wall St., Kingston, NY 12402. Phone: 845-331-5300.
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) / PFLAG Kingston
Kingston Chapter of PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends. 15 Turtle Rock Ct., New Paltz, NY 12561 Phone: (845) 853-5798
- Rainbow Access Initiative, Inc.
Capital Region resources for LGBTQ people, their families and allies.
North East Two Spirit Society
Devoted to providing information about and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and two-spirit American Indians of New York City and the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut).
Information and resources on coming out, transgender education and allies resources
- Ally's Guide to Issues Facing LGBT Americans
- Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression (American Psychological Association)
- Individuals with Intersex Conditions (American Psychological Association)
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out (Human Rights Campaign)
- A Resource Guide to Coming Out for African Americans (Human Rights Campaign)
- Coming Out as a Straight Supporter (Human Rights Campaign)
- Coming Out as Transgender (Human Rights Campaign)
- Transgender Americans: A Handbook for Understanding
LGBTQ symbols and history of LGBTQ symbols
- Out for Work: OUT for Work strives to be the premiere resource for educating, preparing, and empowering Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Ally College Students for the transition from academia to the workplace; whether it is a part time job as you are taking classes, an internship to gain industry specific experience, or a full time position after graduation.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientist and Technical Professionals, Inc.
- Campus Pride Net: Campus Pride serves LGBT and ally student leaders and campus organizations in the areas of leadership development, support programs and services to create safer, more inclusive LGBT-friendly colleges and universities. It exists to develop, support and give “voice and action” in building future LGBT and ally student leaders.
- The Human Rights Campaign: Articles and resources on coming out in the workplace, places of worship and to your doctor. Information on this page also offers perspective on coming out in different cultures
- The World Congress of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Jews
- The Empire State Pride Agenda: The Empire State Pride Agenda is New York's statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights and advocacy group.
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays: A national organization that promotes the health and well-being of LGBT persons, their families and friends through support, education and advocacy
- The Bisexual Resource Center: Research, education and support about issues of bisexuality
- The World’s Largest Encyclopedia of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Culture
- The Trevor Project: The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. Trevor Lifeline 1-866-488-7386
- National Gay and Lesbian TaskForce (NGLTF): The mission of the NGLTF is to build the political power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
- Here Media / Planet Out: Media corporation that publishes The Advocate, Out and other print and web-based LGBT media
- Anti-Violence Project: AVP works to end violence in all its forms against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and HIV affected (LGBTQH) communities. AVP serves victim of hate crime/violence and domestic violence.