Freshman Admission Information
Admission to the freshman class at New Paltz is very selective. Our admission advisors will consider the following factors when reviewing your materials:
- Quality and strength of high school academic program for 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.
- Results of either the SAT or ACT.
- Quality of personal essay.
- Letter of recommendation from one academic teacher or guidance counselor.
A college preparatory program containing the following five core subject areas is strongly recommended:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social studies/history
- 3-4 units of college prep mathematics (minimally Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry)
- 3-4 units of science (minimum of 2 units laboratory science)
- 2-4 units of a language other than English
The above core courses need to be at the Regents level (NYS) - college preparatory level – or higher.
- Completed application form- either SUNY Application or the Common Application. (Do not submit two applications.)
- Official high school transcript
- Official results of the SAT or ACT (print-outs marked “student copy” are not acceptable)
- Personal essay
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic teacher or your guidance counselor.
Submit application materials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
Freshman Profile Fall 2013
|Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||89.0- 93.9|
|SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||1090-1240|
|ACT (mid 50%)||24-28|
|EOP Freshman Class||126|
|EOP Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||82.6-89.0|
|EOP SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||850-990|
|EOP ACT (mid 50%)||18-21|
* all information as of June 19, 2013
Demographic and Geographic Profile (Fall 2013)
|New York State||92.8|
Information for home schooled applicants can be found here.
Information on EOP admission can be found here.