Freshman Admission Information
We will continue to accept freshman applications for Fall 2014 beyond April 1, 2014.
Admission to the freshman class at New Paltz is very selective. Our admission advisors will consider the following factors when reviewing your materials:
- Quality and strength of high school academic program for 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.
- Results of either the SAT or ACT.
- Quality of personal essay.
- Letter of recommendation from one academic teacher or guidance counselor.
A college preparatory program containing the following five core subject areas is strongly recommended:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social studies/history
- 3-4 units of college prep mathematics (minimally Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry)
- 3-4 units of science (minimum of 2 units laboratory science)
- 2-4 units of a language other than English
The above core courses need to be at the Regents level (NYS) - college preparatory level – or higher.
Information for home schooled applicants can be found here.
Information on EOP admission can be found here.
- Completed application form- either SUNY Application or the Common Application. (Do not submit two applications.)
- Official high school transcript
- Official results of the SAT or ACT (print-outs marked “student copy” are not acceptable)
- Personal essay
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic teacher or your guidance counselor.
Submit application materials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
Freshman Profile Fall 2013
|Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||89.0- 93.9|
|SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||1090-1240|
|ACT (mid 50%)||24-28|
|EOP Freshman Class||126|
|EOP Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||82.6-89.0|
|EOP SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||850-990|
|EOP ACT (mid 50%)||18-21|
* all information as of June 19, 2013
Demographic and Geographic Profile (Fall 2013)
|New York State||92.8|