Freshman Admission Information
Admission to the freshman class at New Paltz is very selective. Our admission advisors will consider the following factors when reviewing your materials:
- Quality and strength of high school academic program for 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.
- Results of either the SAT or ACT.
- Quality of personal essay.
- Letter of recommendation from one academic teacher or guidance counselor.
A college preparatory program containing the following five core subject areas is strongly recommended:
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social studies/history
- 3-4 units of college prep mathematics (minimally Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry)
- 3-4 units of science (minimum of 2 units laboratory science)
- 2-4 units of a language other than English
The above core courses need to be at the Regents level (NYS) - college preparatory level – or higher.
- Completed application form from either SUNY ASC or the Common Application. (Do not submit two applications.)
- Official high school transcript
- Official results of the SAT or ACT (print-outs marked “student copy” are not acceptable)
- Personal essay
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic teacher or your guidance counselor.
Submit application materials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
|Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||88.7- 93.8|
|SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||1100-1240|
|ACT (mid 50%)||24-28|
|EOP Freshman Class||125|
|Freshman HS Average (mid 50%)||82.8-89.2|
|SAT (CR + M) (mid 50%)||840-1000|
|ACT (mid 50%)||17-20|
* all information as of July 13, 2012
Demographic and Geographic Profile (Fall 2011)
|New York State||93.3|
Information for home schooled applicants can be found here.
Information on EOP admission can be found here.