| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

photo of the SUNY New Paltz campus

Admissions: Enroll Now

Steps to Freshman Enrollment 

A. Submit your $250 Pre-Enrollment Deposit .

The Pre-Enrollment Deposit (PED) or the EOP Confirmation Form for fall enrollment are due May 1 or 10 business days from the date on your acceptance letter (whichever is later).

 Pay one of three ways!


  • You can use VISA, MasterCard, American Express or ACH check.

*Telephone: Call 845-257-3150 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

  • Pay by either VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.

*Mail: Check or money orders payable to: SUNY New Paltz

Send to: Office of Student Accounts
               SUNY New Paltz
               1 Hawk Drive
               New Paltz, NY 12561

Deposit Refund Information. 

The deposit may be refunded if a written request for a refund is received in the Office of Student Accounts as follows:

  • Fall Enrollment - by May 1 (or if accepted after May 1, 30 days after the date of acceptance)
  • Spring Enrollment - by Nov. 1 (or if accepted after Nov. 1, 30 days after the date of acceptance)

In no case will refunds be considered if a written request is received after the official first day of classes for that semester. (SUNY Administrative Policies 057.7)

B. Check with your high school to ensure the submission of your final high school transcript.

Your high school is required to send the Office of Undergraduate Admission a final official copy of your high school transcript with the date of graduation posted on it. This is necessary for both residency documentation and financial aid verification. If your high school guidance office has not done so, please request they do so immediately.

C. Submit AP, IB, and/or college course transcripts/score reports, if applicable.

If you have taken college courses, AP courses, or IB courses while in high school and wish to receive credit for these courses, submit official transcripts/score reports in order to be considered for credit.

  • AP test scores must be submitted directly from the College Board to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
  • IB results must be submitted directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
  • Official college transcripts for college courses taken in high school must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

The due date of the above documents is the mid-point of the student's first semester at New Paltz.  Credit and/or course waivers cannot be guaranteed beyond this date.

D. Submit Health Report and Physician’s Certificate of Immunization

All new students, regardless of age, number of credits taken, or previous college attendance, are required by New York State to submit the Health Report and Physician’s Certificate of Immunization. Visit the Student Health Center website for the necessary forms and instructions. This form needs to be received by the Student Health Center by the first day of classes.

E. Sign up to Student Orientation and Course Registration.

All freshmen are expected to attend our three day Student Orientation and Registration program for new students and their families.

Academic advising, course registration, transition from high school to college activities and much more take place during the orientation program. Detailed information will be sent to all freshmen who have submitted their Pre-Enrollment Deposit/EOP Confirmation Form from the Office of Student Development.