SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Engineering Programs
Budget Title: Instructional Support Technician
Local Title: Engineering Lab Supervisor
Posting Date: June 28, 2017
Duties: The State University of New York, College at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz), Division of Engineering Programs, invites applications for Engineering Lab Supervisor. This division has experienced significant growth over the past five years and anticipates further growth.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Daily management of laboratories for the Computer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Programs
• Manage laboratory parts and equipment including budget management, purchasing, inventory, maintenance, and safety
• Assist faculty and students in research or instructional activities and programs
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with attention to detail and an ability to follow projects through to completion. Demonstrated ability to take direction and work collegially on a team are a must.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Significant laboratory experience
• Evidence of strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to take direction and an ability to follow projects through to completion
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Experience ordering, setting up and maintaining electronic equipment and materials in a laboratory environment
• Experience maintaining a budget
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references.
Please apply by visiting https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.