SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant
Local Title: Assistant to the Dean
Posting Date: February 2, 2017
Duties: The State University of New York invites applications for the position of Assistant to the Dean, Sojourner Truth Library. Reporting to the Dean of the Library, this position will assist the Dean in classified staff development and supervision, budget management, and facility management.
This position has major programmatic responsibility for purchasing, internal accounting and management of expenditures related to all the library’s operations.
This is a UUP professional position with an initial one year appointment.
• Oversee and manage the library budget and budget planning
• Supervise an Accounting Clerk 2 [Office Assistant 2 – G9]
• Maintain statistical data and records and produce reports for the Library Dean
• Coordinate with campus Human Resources and advise supervisors within the library to ensure management of classified staff meets library needs while complying with campus policy, union contract and civil service requirements
• Develop and deploy library human resources policies and procedures
• Maintain a safe, secure, and inviting student-centered library building
• Oversee building maintenance and upgrade projects for areas such as HVAC improvements, furniture, shelving & fixtures, and elevator
• Work with cleaning staff, library caf, and community to ensure a clean, well maintained public environment
• Oversee card access system and building security
• Maintain a proactive, strong liaison role with campus Facilities Operations department, University Police, and other related departments
• In collaboration with the Dean’s Office secretary provide oversight and coordination for library events, marketing and outreach
• Ensure publications are kept up to date and solicit contributions for various publishing platforms
• Oversee event publicity in conjunction with Office of Communication and Marketing
• Participate in strategic planning
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong public service orientation
• Ability to analyze operational needs and recommend and implement appropriate measures or changes
• Ability to work independently, but also serve as part of a team-oriented, user-centered environment
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
• MLS and/or academic library experience strongly desired
• At least five to seven years operational/administrative experience
• Experience working within a union environment
• Experience in budget administration
• Wide-ranging experience with information technology
• Supervisory experience
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, CV and contact information of three professional references. Please apply by visiting http://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/604
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.