| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

Residence Life

Residence Life: Theme Housing

Special Housing Options

10 Month Halls

Four residence halls remain open during academic year break times (i.e. winter recess, spring break), unless otherwise designated by the director of residence life. All other buildings are closed during the breaks. Students who need to stay on campus during these times must live in one of the 10-month buildings. International students, athletes and residents who will student teach during the spring semester are strongly encouraged to sign up for one of these halls. Those students who stay during the Winter Break will be charged a weekly rate. There is no extra charge to stay during spring break. Overnight guests are not allowed during breaks. The 10-month halls are:

Living Learning Communities

First Year Initiative (FYI)

FYI is a living/learning community designed specifically for freshmen in Esopus Hall. FYI provides an opportunity to live in a residence hall with classmates who are all making the initial transition from high school to college. Each student takes two courses in common with their hall mates during each semester of their freshman year. This environment provides for the development of effective academic skills through informal study groups, seminars and workshops by faculty and professional staff, the availability of "resident mentors," in-hall peer advisors who can assist with course work, study skills, time management and more.

Visit the Center for Student Developement for more information on the First Year Initiative.
To learn more about FIGS, visit their Web site.

Honors, BS/DO, Fine Arts

The Honors, BS/DO and Fine Arts programs all have specially designated residential areas within Lenape Hall.


The Scholar's Mentorship Program is housed within Shango Hall.

Bliss Hall
Bouton Hall
Capen Hall
Gage Hall
Scudder Hall
Shango/College Hall

Bevier Hall
DuBois Hall
Crispell Hall
Deyo Hall

Esopus Hall
Lenape Hall