THE PARKING OFFICE:
Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114
Phone: (845) 257-3347
Fax: (845) 257-3495
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Summer and Winter Break:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors who wish to park on the SUNY New Paltz campus must have a valid parking permit (hangtag) or a Visitor/Day parking permit. Students, faculty and staff can apply for a permit using our Online Services Portal. Visitor/Day permits are available at the Welcome Center located in the HAB lobby and the Parking Office located in Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114. Visitor/Day permits are also available at the park-and-pay machines located on Hawk Drive at the West entrance, the Route 32 parking lot, and the Main Elting Lot. These machines only accept Credit Cards (Visa, Master Card and Discover). Visitor/Day permits are $3.00. Retired Faculty and Staff, Alumni and Friends of SUNY can apply for a permit via the Parking Application 2021-2022 and mail, e-mail, fax or apply in person, to the Parking Office.
Purchase a permit, register a bicycle, pay a ticket or submit an appeal all online. Please visit our Online Services Portal to access these services.
Note: Commuter, Resident, Faculty, Staff and MC can purchase a permit online. All others must visit the Parking Office in Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114. It is reccomended that you register your Bicycle. You may register your bicycle and get your sticker at no charge online at https://parking.admin.newpaltz.edu/. You will need to provide your bicycle make, color, and serial number.
PARKING AND REGISTRATION FEES:
- Faculty & Staff registration fee is $25.00 per year.
- Management/Confidential registration fee is $100.00 per year.
- U.S. Veteran Students are exempt from parking fees. Necessary documentation must be submitted to The Office of Veteran and Military Services (Located in the Student Union Building, room 100 C & D or call 845-257-3120) in order to be eligible. For more information on the Office of Veterans and Military Services please visit their website at https://www.newpaltz.edu/veterans.
- Visitor/Day Parking fee is $3.00 per day, Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Summer Parking fee is $25.00 and includes summer session from May through August. Students who pay for a full-year parking permit do not have to pay this additional fee.
- Resident Student fee is $80.00 for the year.
- Commuter Student fee is $80.00 for the year or $40.00 per semester.
REPLACEMENT PARKING PERMIT HANGTAGS:
The replacement cost for a parking permit hangtag is $20.00. To purchase a replacement hangtag, a copy of the completed University Police Form, LSPark-01 must be brought to the Parking Office (Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114). This form is available at the University Police Department (Service Building 100, Off Route 32-(845)257-2222). The replacement cost applies to all hangtags, including Veterans and Emeriti.
Possessing, creating or allowing your parking tag to be duplicated for the purpose of creating a fraudulent tag will immediately result in permanent termination of your campus parking privileges.