Parking FAQ

Where is Parking Services located? 

The Parking Office is located in Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114.  The phone number is 845-257-3347 and the fax number is 845-257-3495.


What are Parking Services hours of operation?

Regular Office Hours (Fall and Spring Semester):

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.

Summer and Winter Break hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.


How do you register your car in order to receive a hangtag? 

You must register on-line by going to our Online Services Portal.


What are the fees for a hangtag?

Faculty & Staff registration fee is $25.00 per year.

Management/Confidential registration fee is $100.00 per year.

U.S. Veteran Students are exempt from parking fees. Necessary documentation must be submitted to The Office of Veteran and Military Services (Located in the Student Union Building, room 100 C & D or call 845-257-3120) in order to be eligible. For more information on the Office of Veterans and Military Services please visit thier website at

Visitor/Day Parking fee is $3.00 per day, Monday through Friday 6:30 am – 6:30 pm.

Summer Parking fee is $25.00 and includes summer session from May through August.  Students who pay for a full-year parking permit do not have to pay this additional fee

Resident Student fee is $80.00 for the year. 

Commuter Student fee is $80.00 for the year or $40.00 per semester. 


What forms of payment are accepted?

You may pay by cash, check or credit card, (Master Card, Visa, Amex, Discover) at the Parking Office. The Parking Office does not accept Hawk Dollars. Park and Pay Machines only accept credit cards. We can no longer accept payment by phone.


What is the refund policy if you withdraw from school?

Any student who purchases a full year permit, and does not return for Spring term will be eligible for a refund. The hangtag must be returned to Wooster Hall, Office of Student Accounts, Rm 114, by January 31 for a $40.00 refund. Hangtags returned after January 31 will be refunded at the pro-rated tuition refund schedule located on the Student Accounts web page. There are no partial semester refunds.


What if you drive a different vehicle on campus for the day?

Your hangtag is transferrable to any vehicle you drive to campus.


Do you need to be registered with a parking permit to park on campus for evening classes that start after 4:00 pm?

Yes, however, a pass is not required after 6:30pm.


Can you share your parking permit with other people?



What are the procedures for accessible parking? 

Anyone that has been issued a accessible hang tag or license plate through the city, town, village clerk or police departments may park in an any accessible parking space in any lot on campus. A parking permit (hang tag or visitor/day permit) is required along with the accessible hang tag.  The campus parking office does not issue accessible parking permits.


Do they ever not enforce parking?

No. Parking rules are always in effect.


Where can you park overnight if you are a commuter, faculty or staff? 

You can park overnight in the Route 32 parking lot and the Wallkill parking lot .  If you park in a resident lot with anything other than a resident permit then you will be ticketed. 


If you're a resident and you have a visitor come stay with you, where do they park, and do they need a permit?

Visitors that are staying with residents need to purchase visitor passes if they will be on campus from Monday – Friday from 6: 30 am – 6:30 pm.  Visitors to the campus after 6:30 pm on weekdays and from 6:30 pm Friday – 2:00 am Monday do not require a permit. 


How do you appeal a ticket? 

You must appeal your ticket online using our Online Services Portal


How long do you have to pay a ticket, and does the amount increase if you don't pay it on time? 

How long do you have to pay a ticket, and does the amount increase if you don't pay it on time? 

You have 10 business days to pay from the date of issuance on the ticket. If not paid after 10 business days, a late fee will be applied to the amount, and a "hold" will be put on your account.  Banner "holds" for unpaid citations or delinquent deferments for parking permits will prevent registration for future classes as well as hold up requests for diplomas until such time as the financial obligation to Parking Office has been paid in full.  Once the obligation has been paid in full, the "hold" will be removed the following business day. All tickets should be paid using the Online Services Portal.


Who issues the parking tickets on campus?

The University Police Officers issue the parking tickets on campus. Student workers for University Police may also issue parking tickets. These students have been fully trained by the Police Officers.


How many tickets can you get before you are towed?

Anyone who has incurred $100 in parking fines is considered a scofflaw, and may be booted at the discretion of the college. Faculty and staff will have their wages garnished for fines owed.


Who can I speak with about my ticket?

The College employs a Hearing Officer who is not otherwise connected with the college. He is available one morning a week to speak with any interested party. Please call the Parking Office at (845) 257-3347 for further info.


Where does the money I pay for parking fines and fees go and what is it used for?

Parking fines and fees are collected and deposited to the college accounts. Funds from the parking revenue is used for such things as parking signs, parking lot maintenance, civilian salaries, grounds equipment, parking lot maintenance etc. Funds from the parking program are used to support the SUNY New Paltz campus.


Can freshman have vehicles on campus?

First-year students who reside in university residence halls are not permitted to register or park a vehicle on campus. First-year students who reside off campus may register a vehicle on campus.

Residence hall students who have 30 credits or more may apply for a parking hangtag.

Certain exceptions may apply. Click here for more information on the Freshman Parking Ban and the appeal process.


How do I get a bike permit?

You may register your bicycle online at or in person at the Parking Office (Wooster Hall, Student Accounts, room 114). The information required for a bike permit is the manufacturer, color and serial number. There is no charge.


Is there designated campus parking for motorcycles?  

Currently there is no motorcycle specific parking. A motorcycle parks like a car, one per space, between two white lines, on a paved surface.