Summer Additive Manufacturing Institute
About the Summer Additive Manufacturing Institute
The Summer Institute is a ground-breaking, applications-oriented workshop that will give professionals the understanding to apply the universe of 3D printing technologies/materials to an endless variety of uses, from sophisticated prototypes to end use products for a variety of manufacturing areas, medical applications, the food industry, jewelry, art, fashion and consumer products.
The curriculum is based on our years of experience teaching CAD and 3D printing and the 150+ businesses and inventors we have worked with on 3D printing-related projects. The institute’s goal: enable participants to be sophisticated users of 3D printing, either using their own printers or through the many existing 3D printing service bureaus. The focus will be on applications of polymeric materials. Meet the instructors...
July 31 - August 4, 2017
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Schedule at a Glance)
- Limited to 12 participants
- $1,600 fee includes daily hands-on workshops and demonstrations by our experienced instructors, additive manufacturing costs, all course materials and lunch daily
- Optional on-campus, air-conditioned accommodations available for $38 per night
- Deadline to apply is Friday, June 30
Pre-requisites: experience with any CAD program is essential. We will have Solidworks and Rhinoceros available. If you use other CAD programs, please bring a laptop.
For more information, contact the Hudson Valley Advanced Manufacturing Center at HVAMC@newpaltz.edu or 845-257-3784.
Smiley Art Building 100
State University of New York at SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561