We want your first-year experience at SUNY New Paltz to be intellectually challenging and welcoming. The following documents and links will help ease the transition by answering some of your composition-related questions about courses, transfer credits, required texts, and student support services.
- If you are wondering about first-year writing requirements, course placement, transfer credits, assignment and attendance policies, or have other general questions, check out our program policies.
- The Common Summer Reading (CSR) is currently on hold. Please see this list of past selections. Materials for the most recent Common Summer Reading (2016), a collection of TED talks, can be found on the orientation website.
- For help with a writing question: review the resources at Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL); or contact the SUNY New Paltz Writing/Tutoring Center.
- All of our courses include an ePortfolio, a collection of each student's writing showcased on Hawksites (our version of Wordpress), which is free for students and faculty.
- Have a question about a Writing & Rhetoric course topic (focusing on a Wicked Problem or Question) for the upcoming semester? Please email Joann Deiudicibus for a list, or contact the instructor directly.
More questions? Come by JFT 702 or email us.