We want your first-year experience at SUNY New Paltz to be intellectually challenging and welcoming. The following documents and links will help ease the transition by answering some of your composition-related questions about courses, transfer credits, required texts, and student support services.
- If you are wondering about completing your composition requirement or have other general questions, check out our Top 10 Policies list.
- The Common Summer Reading (CSR) is currently on hold. Please see this list of past selections. Materials for the most recent Common Summer Reading (2016), a collection of TED talks, can be found on the orientation website.
- For help with a writing question: review the resources at Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL); or contact the SUNY New Paltz Writing/Tutoring Center.
- If you want to access materials for your ENG 160 portfolio, select the Table of Contents or the Portfolio Checklist.
- Have a question about course themes for ENG 180 or ENG 206 for the upcoming semester? Please email Joann Deiudicibus at email@example.com.
More questions? Come by JFT 702 or email us.