- Areas of Emphasis
- Program Advisors and Application Deadlines
- Admission and Program Requirements
- Program Structures
- Course Descriptions
- Program Events
Application and Admissions Policies and Procedures
The entrance requirements for the Master's of Professional Studies Program are
- Complete an online application.
- Upload the following items:
Student copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts indicating a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Evidence of an Initial NYS teaching certificate for those seeking professional certification.
Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your qualifications to do graduate level academic work.
A two page letter describing how you expect the MPS in Humanistic/Multicultural Education program will help you achieve your person and professional goals.
- Mail official copy of all baccalaurete transcripts (from regionally accredited institutions, reflecting an overall 3.0 cumulative average) to the Office of Graduate and Extended Learning.
- Once your application is complete, it will be sent to the program for review. We will contact you to set up an interview.
Application deadlines are November 1 and April 1. Contact the program coordinator for deadline extension.
Students with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 who are interested in applying to this program should contact one of the program faculty for further information.
- File a plan of study during the first semester after matriculation.
- Complete prescribed course work and other requirements within 5 years after matriculation.
- Maintain a cumulative average of 3.0 or better.