In just 15 months, you can complete a rigorous, clinically rich Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) leading to New York State certifications in School Building Leader (SBL) and School District Leader (SDL).
SUNY New Paltz offers a Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration Program, designed to prepare caring, critical and reflective professionals to succeed as school leaders.
The program has been updated to better serve working teachers and other education professionals. Attributes of the Educational Administration Program at New Paltz include:
- A flexible, hybrid approach to class scheduling that fits the needs of a busy professional. Complete the majority of coursework online, with just a few weekend days devoted to in-person instruction each term (on the New Paltz campus or at off-site locations with our partner districts).
- A "Plan of Study" in which courses are taken one at a time on a continuous basis. Complete the program in as little as 15 months.
- A cohort model in which candidates learn to work cooperatively, learn collaboratively and begin to develop lifelong professional relationships with current and future colleagues.
- Easy fulfillment of internship requirements allows candidates to continue working full time while they accrue intern hours. This accommodating system allows candidates to partner with leaders in their districts and intern according to their schedules, including during the summer.
- Courses tailored to focus on themes relevant to the 21st century classroom. Courses are designed to prepare candidates to pass the School Building Leader and School District Leader tests, and go on to thrive as administrators.
- Work closely dedicated faculty who have served, or are serving, as building and district level leaders in our region, and who bring to each class a wealth of knowledge, experience and scholarship.
For more information about the Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration Program, contact Program Coordinator Art Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Educational Foundations & Leadership
Old Main 108
SUNY New Paltz
800 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561