Major in History - 35 credits
NOTES: All majors are required to write a 2-3 page 'Exit Essay' as a requirement for graduation. Only marks of 'C-' or above can count for major courses. All majors must take, with the approval of an advisor, at least one (1) course 'PRE-1500' and at least one course 'POST-1500'.
- Two courses in United States History (6 credits) -- at least one of these courses should be a survey
- Two courses in European History (7-8 credits) -- at least one of these courses should be a survey
- Two courses in Africa, Asia, Latin America, American, Indian, Middle East, and/or Russia (6-8 credits)
- Four Electives (three of which must be upper-division) (12 credits)
- Final Research Project (3 credits) -- either Seminar in History (HIS492) or 400-level course in which student writes a 25-30 page research paper with permission of instructor.