Map #2: parking study of average occupancies
Map in [PDF] format
The following parking-related changes on campus (including added/increased parking fees due to cuts to the New Paltz operating budget):
- Summer permits are now required on campus. New Summer Parking fee: $20 summer permit includes any summer sessions from 5/20/13-8/7/13. This fee pertains to summer-only students and summer program participants. This fee is effective May 9, 2012. Those who pay for a full year parking permit will not pay additional for the summer. All academic year students and faculty/staff who purchase a valid parking permit for the year are exempt from this summer fee. Full academic year permits expire 8/14/13. Download parking permit application *.
- Faculty & Staff Parking registration fee will be $20 per year, effective fall 2009.
- Management/Confidential (as opposed to UUP/CSEA/PEF) Parking fee will be increased from $10 to $60 per year, effective for the 2009-10 academic year and forward.
- Visitor Parking fee will be increased from from $1.00 to $2.00 per day, effective September 1, 2009. A visitor parking permit will now be required year round, effective May 2009.
- Visitor parking spaces are available in the Administration lot, RT. 32 lot and Hopfer Center lot. Please observe signage for designated Visitor spaces and note that most are one hour only.
- Overnight Visitor, F/S and Commuter parking is restricted to RT. 32 lot (#28), or Wallkill lot (#30) only.
- Due to current constrution projects, some parking lots are unavailable.
- Additional Handicap parking has been added in lot #9 (Parker Theater parking) and in lot #15 (Administration parking).
Office: Haggerty Administration (HAB) 35
Phone: (845) 257-3347
Fax: (845) 257-3009
Summer hours: Summer and Winter Break hours 8:00-4:00; Regular term hours 8:30-5:00
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors who wish to park on the SUNY New Paltz campus must have a valid parking hangtag or visitor permit. *
Please note that parking permits are required year round including summer months.
* Visitor permits are available at the Welcome Center located in the HAB lobby and the Parking Office located in HAB 35, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (Summer: 8 a.m.-4p.m.) Permits are also available at the park-and-pay machines located at Hawk Drive at the West entrance, Lot 28 across from the Hopfer Admissions & Alumni Center, and Lot 5 adjacent to Parker Theater, 24 hrs/day.
Possessing, creating or allowing your parking tag to be duplicated for the purpose of creating a fraudulent tag will immediately result in permanent termination of your campus parking privileges.
Application for a Parking Hangtag can be downloaded here* (last updated May 2010), or picked up at one of the following locations:
- Parking Office (HAB 35): 8:30-5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
The completed form (accompanied by a copy of your College ID/driver's license, vehicle registration, and payment by cash, check or Mastercard/Visa) may be mailed, faxed, or delivered to the Parking Office, or placed in the drop box outside the Administrative Services office (HAB 40).
You will be issued one (1) hangtag per person and it is for use by the owner in any vehicle they use.
Effective February 1, 2005, a one time appeal of "no permit" tickets will be granted for an individual faculty, staff or student. You must meet all three of the following requirements to be eligible for the one time appeal:
- Violation #2, no permit
- Have a current valid permit
- Were parked in a legal lot for your permit type
Please complete the Parking Citation Appeal Form* and forward it to the Parking Office HAB 35. A one time approval will be processed by the Parking Office and will be recorded as such in the system. If an individual recieves a second "no permit" ticket after the one time appeal has been granted, and they wish to appeal it, a written appeal will be forwarded to the hearing officer for a decision.
Residence Hall students who have 30 credits or more may apply for a parking hangtag. All commuter students may apply for a parking hangtag.
The cost of a Faculty/Staff hang tag is $20.00 for one (1) hangtag. This hangtag may be used in any vehicle that you park on campus.
Visitor park-and-pay machines are available at the West Entrance on Hawk Dr. off Rt. 208, Lot 28 and Lot 5. Visitors may also purchase daily permits from the Welcome Center in the Haggerty Administration Building Lobby and the Parking office Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Summer: 8 a.m.-4p.m.)
The replacement cost for a hangtag is $20.00 and must be accompanied by a completed University Police Form LSPark-01. This form is available at university police and can be completed anytime. A copy of the form must be brought to the parking office (HAB 35) to accompany a request for a new hangtag.