EOP Conference 2014: Call for Proposals & Save the Date
"Building a Legacy: 45 Years of EOP"
All session proposals and papers: Feb. 1, 2014
Notification of acceptance: Feb. 15, 2014
Pre-conference workshop materials due (for printing): March 15, 2014
Regular presentation materials due: April 15, 2014
EOP Conference: Saturday, May 3, 2014
Call for Proposals & Papers
The EOP conference serves many purposes. The EOP Alums are provided the opportunity to reconnect with the program and meet current students. Current students gain networking experience and benefit from mentoring of Alums.
The conference also provides information, educational materials, and a forum to showcase presentation skills for Alums and students.
All these aspects of the EOP conference serve to strengthen the EOP family connection and program as a whole.
What is the focus of the conference?
This conference will focus on the concept of our legacy. EOP has been on the SUNY New Paltz campus for 45 years and this conference will discuss our personal legacy, the program legacy, and how we contribute to the community by building a strong legacy.
In this call, we seek proposals for:
- Alumni presentations - one or more Alums presenting on a related topic
- Student presentations- one or more Current students presenting on a related topic
All proposals can address core EOP principles of community, leadership, achievement, EOP history, and future plans for EOP. These should be discussed through the concept of legacy building on a personal, programmatic, or community level.
We encourage submissions from all alums and students. We will choose our presenters from submission that are timely and in the requested format.
Submit to: Jessica Purcell via email at email@example.com
Theme & Topics
This year's theme is 'Building a Legacy: 45 Years of EOP' and we wish to examine three things:
- EOP students and alums as builders of a personal legacy that positively contributes to the program and community
- EOP students and alums as creators of a leadership legacy, ie: how to nurture and develop our future leaders
- EOP relationships: how alums and current students can move forward into the world post-degree and build stronger Communities as part of their own legacy.
Note: Marketing pitches will not be accepted.
Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) EOP Honor Society Induction Ceremony
The Educational Opportunity Program at SUNY New Paltz cordially invites you to attend the 12th Annual Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Induction Ceremony for Opportunity Program Students.
Please join us on:
Date: May 2, 2014
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: LC 100
~ Refreshments will be served ~