The Russell S. Cleverley Memorial Fellowship is open only to students accepted and matriculated in the Master of Arts, English program at SUNY New Paltz. It awards
To be eligible, students must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.33
- Register for at least one graduate English course in the award semester; preference will be given to applicants registering for ENG590 (Thesis in English), but this is not a requirement
Preference will also be given to applicants who are not otherwise supported by the College in the award semester and to applicants who intend to teach English at the college level.
Cleverley Fellowships are awarded annually during the spring semester by a committee consisting of the English Department Chair and English Director of Graduate Studies.
The award will be granted for the following fall or spring semester.
Application (DUE APRIL 15)
Please submit your application for the Cleverley Fellowship online. The link to Apply for Scholarships Online can be found on my.newpaltz.edu on the Students tab under Money. Start by completing the General Application then click the Opportunities tab to view the scholarships and select the "Russel S. Cleverley Memorial Scholarship."
You will need to provide the following:
- A current copy of your SUNY New Paltz unofficial student transcript. Transfer students must also provide copies of transfer transcripts. Transcripts are available online through the SUNY New Paltz web site — www.newpaltz.edu — or for a nominal fee, at the Office of Records and Registration, HAB 19.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a current faculty member. You are responsible for ensuring the recommendations are submitted by the application deadline.
- A letter of application that addresses the criteria for selection described above, including your plans for a thesis (if you plan to write one).