Special Education: Program Description
The Department of Teaching & Learning at SUNY New Paltz offers a master's degree in Special Education.
Teacher candidates pursue a program of study in Special Education: Early Childhood / Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 6), Special Education: Childhood Education (Grades 1-6), or Special Education: Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12).
Admissions to the Childhood Special Education (Grades 1-6) and Literacy Education (Birth – Grade 6) and Adolescence Special Education (Grades 7-12) and Literacy Education (Grades 5-12) dual programs are temporarily suspended.
Use the links below for more information on our programs:
- Early Childhood and Childhood Special Education (060B) Program (B-6)
- Childhood Special Education (060C) Program
- Adolescent Special Education (060G) Program
- Dual Childhood Special Education and Literacy (059C) Program
- Dual Adolescent Special Education and Literacy (059G) Program
Alana Matuszewski, Director of Graduate Admissions