Alumni Reunion 2022
SUNY New Paltz is proud of the traditions it has created, and Alumni Reunion Weekend is one that the entire campus looks forward to each year.
Below is the list of events/schedule of activities.
Schedule is subject to change without notice. Please check back periodically.
OCTOBER 14 - 16, 2022
Friday, October 14, 2022
- 2:00 p.m. | Check-In | Student Union Building Room 100
- 2:15 p.m./3:00 p.m. | Campus Walking Tours | Meet in Student Union Building Room 100
- 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. | Philosophy Department Panel Discussion and Reception | Jessica Krause (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. | Welcome Reception
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. | 50th Anniversary Celebration & Lantern Society Induction Ceremony and Reception
- 6:00 p.m. | Swim Team vs. US Merchant Marine Academy
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. | Women's Volleyball vs. SUNY Fredonia
- 6:00 - 6:45 p.m. | Planetarium Show – “Skies of the Season” by Planetarium Director, Raj Pandya
- 7:30 p.m. | Musical Performance by Sarah Perrotta '02 @ The Studley Theatre | Tickets will be available at the box office ($10) | Information about the artist: https://sarahperrottamusic.com/
Saturday, October 15, 2022
- 9:00 a.m. | Check-In | Student Union Building Room 100
- 9:30 a.m./10:30 a.m./1:30 p.m./2:00 p.m. | Campus Walking & Mobile Tours | Meet in Student Union Building Room 100
- 9:30 - 10:15 a.m. | Planetarium Show – “Skies of the Season” by Planetarium Director, Raj Pandya
- 10:00 - 2:30 p.m. | Hike at Bonticou Crag/Mohonk Preserve ($20 per person)
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Hudson Valley Additive Manufacturing Center Presentation & Tour | https://www.newpaltz.edu/hvamc/
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Political Science Presentation "Democracy in Crisis" by Professor Jeff Miller | https://faculty.newpaltz.edu/jeffmiller/
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Art History Presentation "Current Reflections on the Harlem Renaissance" by Professor Reva Wolf
- 11:00 - 12:00 p.m. | President’s Talk
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Alumni Luncheon ($20 per person)
- 1:00 p.m. | Men's Soccer vs SUNY Brockport
- 1:00 p.m. | Field Hockey vs. Morrisville
- 1:00 p.m. | Women's Volleyball vs. SUNY Buffalo State
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Walk of Honor Tour
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Black Studies Department Oral History Series
- 2:30 - 3:15 p.m. | Planetarium Show – “Skies of the Season” by Planetarium Director, Raj Pandya
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. | 40 Under Forty Awardees Alumni Gathering
- 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. | All Class Reunion Dinner & Awards Ceremony ($40 per person)
Please contact individual listed per event for tickets.
- 10:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Phi Eta Sigma Fraternity Gathering – Wally Cook '69 (email@example.com)
- 11:30 - 3:00 p.m. | Agonian Luncheon @ Maggie Mae's – Elaine Chen Alden '99 (Agonian.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 11:30 - 3:00 p.m. | Clionian Luncheon @ Cafe Hugo (SUB) – Pat Fuller '73 (email@example.com) or Jean Robinson Porcaro '72 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12:00 p.m. | Theta Phi Alumnae Luncheon @ The Creekside Bistro – Laurie Spiegel '75 (email@example.com)
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Gathering – Onika Jervis '93 '05g (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. Luncheon – Everton Browne '92 (email@example.com)
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Luncheon – Heaven Torres '22 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Gathering – Carmen Polanco '93 (email@example.com)
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. | EOP Mixer @ HAB 19 (EOP Office) – Antonio Bonilla '87 '05g (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc. Gathering – Hector Morell (email@example.com)
- 1:00 p.m. | Delta Kappa Zeta Annual Reunion @ P&G's – Ned Black '67 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. | AMP & CSTEP 35th Anniversary Celebration – Director Nancy Campos (email@example.com)
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. | Center for Student Media Open House | Valerie Turco '05 '10g (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Student Union Building 4th Floor
- 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. | Music Therapy Presentation | Kathleen Murphy (email@example.com) | Shepard Hall (College Hall)
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Career Resource Center - Sophomore Connections Program Reception @ Terrace – Director Mark McFadden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. | Sigma Phi Rho Fraternity, Inc. Gathering – Darryl Wilson (email@example.com)
- 8:00 p.m. - 12: 00 a.m. | First World Alumni Network Mixer – Everton Browne '92 (firstname.lastname@example.org) | College Terrace
Sunday, October 16, 2022
- 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. | Breakfast at Peregrine Dining Hall ($15 per person)
Open to Alumni and Guests:
- Campus Bookstore | Student Union Building - Ground Floor | www.sunynewpaltzshop.com
- Sojourner Truth Library | Open Friday, 10/14 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m./Saturday, 10/15 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m./Sunday, 10/16 12:00 - 7:00 p.m. | https://library.newpaltz.edu/
- The Dorsky Museum | Open 11:00 to 5:00 p.m. | https://www.newpaltz.edu/museum/
- Walk of Honor | All day
Contact us for further information or if you have accessibility needs and require accommodations to fully participate in this event:
Alumni Award Winners
Alumni Reunion Giving Challenge
Join your classmates to compete in the Alumni Reunion Challenge. The decade that raises the most gifts from September 15-October 15 will have a brick added to the Walk of Honor to commemorate their generosity. The winning decade will be announced at the All-Class Dinner on Saturday, October 15.
America's Best Value Inn of New Paltz
Your discount rate code is:
Your Group Name is:
SUNY New Paltz Alumni Reunion
Below are the quoted discounted rates for the dates you are seeking accommodations:
Friday, October 14, 2022 your discounted rate is $200 + tax per room.
Saturday, October 15, 2022 your discounted rate is $200 + tax per room.
Sunday, October 16, 2022 your discounted rate is $200 + tax per room.
Rooms can be reserved at the discounted rate up until the final date mentioned above, providing the hotel has the rooms available. Rooms are not "blocked" and are based on availability.
All those seeking accommodations must reserve their room directly with the hotel's front desk staff (available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week) at 845-255-8865 ext. 0 and must share the discount rate code provided above.
Guests will not be honored the discounted rates when reserving via the internet, through any third-party website or via the RedLion corporate toll-free phone number or website.
All those seeking to cancel must do so by 6 p.m. on the date of arrival. Those that fail to cancel and obtain a valid cancellation number when doing so, will be charged as a “no show” without refund.
Join the Orange & Blue Network to connect, find resources, and engage with your alumni community!