EGM302 Finite Element Analysis
An introduction to the theory and practice of the finite element methods. One and two dimensional elements are studied, including structural elements. Primary fields of applications are strength of materials (deformation and stress analysis), dynamics, and heat transfer. Extensive use of commercial finite element software packages, through in-class (hands-on) experiences, and a course project.
- Must be enrolled in the following level: Undergraduate
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Computer Engineering (518), Mechanical Engineering (521), Electrical Engineering (517)
- May not be enrolled in the following class: Freshman
- EGM322 Minimum Grade of C- and EGM331 Minimum Grade of C- and EGM332 Minimum Grade of C- and EGM334 Minimum Grade of C-*
* May be taken at the same time