- The special education program values the philosophy of inclusive education and emphasizes a strength-based approach toward working with students with disabilities.
- The program has responded to the developing national need for special education educators by offering an increasing number of high-quality core courses, including field experiences in which teacher candidates work with students with disabilities in a myriad of settings and across grade levels.
- Graduates teach in various school settings across the continuum of the special education landscape in the Hudson Valley and nationwide.
- The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs has awarded a number of grants to the program. Most recently, a federal grant was awarded to graduate highly qualified special education teachers.
- Faculty members are respected for their scholarly ability and contributions to the field. They have completed projects related to researching evidence-based practices, mapping curriculum, embedding visual design for learning concepts, making data-based decisions, establishing school-university partnerships, and mentoring new teacher candidates.
- Study Abroad / Exchange
- International Scholarships and Fellowships
- International Student and Scholar Services
- International Recruitment
- International Undergraduate Admissions
- Haggerty English Language Program
- Institute for International Business
- SUNY Turkey Dual Diploma Programs
- SUNY Global Engagement Program
- SUNY Model European Union
- East-West Living and Learning Community
- Romance Languages Living and Learning Community
- Undergraduate Admission
- Virtual Campus Tour
- Our Latest Rankings
- Tuition & Fees
- Honors Program
- Financial Aid