This site documents strategic planning and assessment practices, structures, and resources that SUNY New Paltz (New Paltz) employs to measure the degree to which the College is achieving its mission and goals. The site conveys New Paltz’s commitment to student learning and their success, strategic planning, assessment, and the alignment of fiscal, human, and physical resources to enhance attainment of institutional and strategic planning goals and priorities. Campus-wide plans and reports as well as information supplied by our Office of Institutional Research in support of institutional effectiveness are also included in this site. So too are reports describing campus-wide progress in attaining key strategic planning goals. In addition to serving as a resource, this site serves a dual purpose of assuring compliance with expectations from our accreditors, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, regarding institutional effectiveness.
What is the Office of Strategic Planning & Assessment?
The Office of Strategic Planning & Assessment coordinates and provides guidance and support for assessment and strategic planning across the campus. The office:
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Planning & Assessment Council (SPAC) and other constituencies to engage ongoing strategic planning and to implement systematic assessment processes within administrative and academic divisions.
- Strengthens and focuses the analytics required for planning, assessment, and student success.
- Makes recommendations to the President, Cabinet, and other campus administrators related to the College’s mission, strategic planning, and assessment.
- Prepares annual institutional planning and assessment accountability reports and facilitates opportunities for discussion of assessment findings.
- Develops recommendations for action and goals within the broad parameters of the Strategic Plan and the College’s mission.
- Receives support from the SPAC to develop communication and training regarding planning and assessment.