SHOW YOUR PASSION.
PARTICIPATE. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- November is SEFA Participation Month!
- No gift is too small to make an impact!
- You pick the charities you are passionate about!
State Employees Federated Appeal - What is it and how can I help?
SEFA provides ALL New York State employees (CSEA, UUP, PEF, COUNCIL 82 etc.) the opportunity to support a network of local, national and international community services all year long through payroll deduction. Your gift to SEFA helps people cope with the kinds of problems many of us hope we will never have to face such as natural disasters, crisis services, or lack of adequate food and shelter. SEFA serves State employees and thousands of others who are in need of assistance. Your generosity is the most effective way to improve their quality of life.
Your contribution goes directly to the charity of your choosing.
How Your Contributions Work
Even small monetary donations can have a big impact in our communities!
For example, for just $2 per pay period, your donation can provide:
- 312 pounds of food to help a local pantry provide groceries to a family in need;
- A two week supply of diapers to a low-income parent;
- Emergency shelter and meals for a homeless woman for one night;
- School supplies for up to two children, to allow them to enter school equipped to learn and succeed;
- Emergency clothing for five people;
- Vaccinations for 80 children against polio;
- Two days of shelter for one animal.
BONUS: By participating, you will be entered to win one of 26 Payday Raffle Prizes!
For our 2018 campaign year, what is most important is to participate. Give whatever you can, and together we can make a difference!
This year pledge cards will be distributed to your department mail stops the week of November 6, 2017. Please sign up online or return your signed pledge form by December 1, 2017.
Thank you in advance for your support!
If you have any questions, call:
Sarah Roberson or Gerry Torrone
SEFA Campaign Co-managers
x3112 or x3155
SUNY New Paltz SEFA Committee members
Malinda Slayton Cruz