Edit Page

Records & Registration

Non Matriculated Students

Non-matriculated students requesting registration are encouraged to read the policies below BEFORE submitting the two web forms to register to avoid any delays or rejection of request.

STEP 1: Read these policies

Non-matriculated students wishing to enroll in undergraduate courses during the summer or winter sessions, may do so when registration opens.

Non-matriculated students wishing to enroll in undergraduate the academic year (fall and spring) may do so only on/after date noted in the academic calendar.

Please note that course enrollment is subject to availability and is always at the discretion of the Department.

Enrollment limitations:

Non-matriculated Undergraduate Students

Non-matriculated Graduate Students

Two courses (max 8 credits/ semester)

To register for graduate courses, the student must complete an application, click here.

Can accumulate up to a maximum of 24 credits

Non-Degree graduate students are restricted to enrolling in (6 to 9) credits if applying to a degree program and using the credits for a transfer.


Must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher

All course work completed while in a non-matriculated status is considered transfer credit. As such, should the student apply and be accepted for matriculation to a graduate program, only 6-9 graduate credits may be transferred upon approval of the advisor and Assistant Vice President of Graduate & Extended Learning.

Undergraduates must apply for admission after 24 credits to continue taking courses.

Additional information for graduate-level students, please click here.



ALL NON-MATRICULATED:  Students who take more than 5 credits, must provide proof of receiving measles, mumps and rubella immunization.

To learn more about NYS Public Health Law Immunization Requirements, please visit the Student Health Services site: http://www.newpaltz.edu/healthcenter/immun.html

Email immunization documentation to healthservice@newpaltz.edu



Please refer to the Schedule of Classes to select classes and the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines. Note the course CRN, course number and name to prepare to complete the registration form.

Students who wish to take 300 level and 400 level undergraduate courses through the Department of Communication need to apply to the Post BA Program in Communication Disorders in this link.


Complete and submit the COURSE REGISTRATION FORM and include all required information to avoid delays.


Complete and submit the PERSONAL INFORMATION FORM and include all required information to avoid delays.

What happens next?

Your information and request will be received by Records & Registration. It will be reviewed and you will be notified by email about the status of your registration processing and once registration is completed.  If any information is missing or if we are unable to process your request, you will be notified by email.

Since non-matriculated students are the last cohort to be registered, it is possible that there will not be available seats once the registration is processed.  Please plan accordingly.