Department of Mathematics

General Education Math Requirements


  • If you have no MPL (Math Placement Level) or it is below 3, you will need to pass MAT120 College Math before you can take a GE Math course.
  • You can find your MPL, and whether or not you have met the GE Math requirement, by checking your progress report at:  Check your college progress report.
  • You can find out more about GE requirements in general at the GE homepage.
  • If a course counts for the Math GE at another SUNY school, it should count here.  If your requirement is not met, but you have passed a college course that you believe should count for GE Math, please contact the Math department.