The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) serves as a primary vehicle to increase access, retention, and academic excellence of New York's historically underserved students (low income, first generation). This is in keeping with the spirit of, and abiding by, the legislative intent that originally established the program in 1968 and maintaining the innovation inherent in the program.
- ACCESS opportunities for historically underserved students (low income, first generation) by making higher education a possibility for prospective students with potential for academic excellence.
- ADVOCACY and education to address the needs of EOP students.
- A TRANSITIONAL EXPERIENCE that will empower students to better manage and navigate the college experience.
- SUPPORT SERVICES to facilitate student success.
- EOP GRANTS to eligible students, who should also receive the highest priority for financial aid resources available from the institution.
In collaboration with SUNY New Paltz, the Educational Opportunity Program EOP Staff will serve as advocates for historically under-represented and under-served student access to higher education. EOP provides services designed to meet student needs and develop and achieve educational goals. We assist students in acquiring the necessary skills, knowledge, and attributes to enter and complete a postsecondary education, while providing an environment that recognizes the diversity of backgrounds and learning styles of our students. Our development of collaborative institutional relationships promote an environment conducive to the completion of a postsecondary degree.
Provide the most comprehensive support to our students within the Guiding Principles of Student Affairs.
EOP is committed to the ongoing education of the whole student. Personal growth and development are integral to academic excellence, lifetime achievement, and well-being. The P.I.L.L.A.R.S. (Providing Insight for Learning, Living, Achieving, and Recognizing my Strengths) model of student advisement ensures that the advisor/student collaboration provides a strong foundation for continued success and personal growth in all aspects of our students' lives: Present and Future. "Once EOP...Always EOP!"