Our Move to a New Digital Learning Environment
SUNY has chosen the D2L BrightSpace platform as the new Digital Learning Environment (DLE) to Replace Blackboard for all SUNY campuses. This decision is the result of a multi-year, industry-wide search that will replace the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) that was used by most SUNY campuses.
SUNY New Paltz has been selected to join Cohort 1 for the migration to Brightspace, which has already begun and will continue through 2022. We're excited about this acquisition of a modern platform which will be a considerable improvement over our current system and will enhance online content in all course modalities! We have setup this site newpaltz.edu/dle to keep you updated.
- Brightspace access for all Fall 2022 Faculty is available
- Fall Faculty onboarding sessions are scheduled
- Fall development has begun
- Reminder to complete all training
- Brightspace access for summer pilot instructors is available
- Summer Pilot onboarding sessions have begun
- Logistics to enroll all other faculty are being planned
- SUNY New Paltz preferred choice is chosen for Cohort 1 migration timeline.
- We have announced our migration kick-off and are meeting internally and externally with SUNY/D2L transition teams.
- We launched a communication hub for all things pertaining to the D2L Brightspace migration: newpaltz.edu/dle. This site is where you can review up-to-date information on what to do next or check in on how things are going.
- We have announced a voluntary summer and conversion pilot.
- Core DLE and Pedagogy Training begins.
- Blackboard Learn (our Learning Management System) has reached its end of life and contract.
- A panel of SUNY teams select D2L's Brightspace as the LMS replacement.
- SUNY launches their new Digital Learning Initiative (DLE) for all campuses.
- After careful consultation with Academic Affairs, Chief Information Officer and supporting departments, CET, and faculty mentors, New Paltz submits a choice for migration times.