Office of Veteran & Military Services

Graduate Studies


Below is a step-by-step checklist for applying to SUNY New Paltz for Graduate students. If you have any questions, please contact our office.

Graduate Students

  • Step 1 – Click here to review our graduate programs and their requirements.
  • Step 2 – Once you decide what program you want to pursue, click here to view the steps for applying.
  • Step 3 – GI BILL® & Other Military Related Education Benefits:

As a Veteran or Service Member (Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard), you may be eligible for educational benefits through numerous GI BILL® programs. Once you’ve decided to use your GI BILL® it is important to choose the proper one. It is HIGHLY recommended that you contact our office prior to applying for your GI BILL®.  We will work with you to find which benefit fits you best. To apply for your GI BILL®, click here.

As a Service Member (Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard), you may be eligible for Tuition Assistance through your Branch of Service.  To apply for this program, you must contact your unit’s POC for Education.
Once again, it is HIGHLY encourages that you contact our office before applying for any of these programs. Otherwise, you may loose out on certain benefits.

  • Step 4 – Apply for Financial Aid

Completing the FASFA is the first step toward getting federal aid for college. Federal Aid provides billions of dollars in grants, loans, and work-study funds to students, but to receive this money you must complete the FASFA. Not to mention, many of your other programs require this step completed as part of the process, such as; Military Tuition Assistance, New York Veterans Tuition Award (VTA), New York State TAP, and many more… To apply for Federal Financial Aid click here.

  • Step 5 – Apply for New York Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

TAP is a New York State grant entitlement program for residents of the State. Applicants must be enrolled full time and matriculated in an approved New York State postsecondary program. A FASFA must be filed first in order to apply for TAP. HESC offers all students the opportunity to apply for TAP on the Web and avoid the paper application process. Applicants who miss the Web link from the online FAFSA can click here to apply.  Please note that the TAP application is also used to apply for other New York State grant programs and scholarships.

Once you have been accepted

  • Step 6 – Confirm your Enrollment
    • Log into
    • Enter your New Paltz Computer User ID (NPCUID) in the “Username” field. If you do not know your NPCUID, you may look it up using your personal e-mail address.
    • Enter your NPCUID password in the "Password" field. If you have not created a password for your NPCUID or have forgotten your password, please create a new one.
    • Press the “LOGIN” button
    • After you have logged in, click on the “Applicant” tab to reach the “Application Menu” page.
    • Follow the link on the Application Menu to submit your decision. From here you can confirm your enrollment, decline your offer of admission, or request a deferral of matriculation.
  • Step 7 – Submit your Pre-Enrollment Health/Immunization Report via fax or by mail.
    • FAX: 845-257-3415
    • Mailing Address:

      SUNY New Paltz
      Student Health Service,
      1 Hawk Drive,
      New Paltz, NY 12561


For additional information or questions, click here or call 845-257-3400

Step 8 – Contact your advisor to plot out your courses and register for classes

    • Sign into “My New Paltz” by clicking here
    • Click on “Advising”
    • Click on “View Advisors”

Step 9 – Visit the Department of Veteran and Military Service

    • Who should stop by?
      • Military
      • Veterans
      • Dependents
      • Parents
    • Once you have registered for classes, your last and final step, is to stop by our office. We will help you complete any outstanding items, such as; GI BILL® Benefits, Tuition Deferral, Health Insurance Waiver, and much more.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at