The Hudson Valley Venture hub
The New York State NYSTAR Innovation Hot Spot in the Mid-Hudson Valley Region
Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester Counties
About the Venture Hub
Designated by Empire State Development, each region in NYS has one Innovation Hot Spot, which are business incubators - with the additional responsibility to coordinate regional entrepreneurial ecosystems. The Hudson Valley Venture Hub is housed within SUNY New Paltz and the School of Business School. We are industry agnostic and help companies in all parts of the entrepreneurial journey.
The Hudson Valley Venture Hub both connects businesses to existing regional organizations and services - as well as providing direct, and highly individualized incubation services to select startups and existing companies with the potential to reach larger scale commercialization of their products and services.
How to Engage with HV Venture Hub
GET CONNECTED TO HELP
The Hudson Valley region has ~100 organizations that support entrepreneurship throughout our 7 counties. Through networking with this community of entrepreneurship leaders, we help entrepreneurs find the resources they need that are already existing in the Hudson Valley and beyond. Inquire as an entrepreneur to get connected.
Attend programming & events
The Venture Hub hosts quarterly gatherings and events to bring together the growing community of entrepreneurs, investors, service providers, and educators together - sometimes within industry, such as our signature Collaboration Corner events. We also maintain a calendar with partner's events and programming so that you never miss an opportunity to grow.
LEARN TO ANGEL INVEST
One of our programs, HV Angel Hub, connects current or aspiring angel investors to learn the concepts, network with others, and begin making local investments. Meeting monthly for programming and pitches, Hudson Valley Angel Hub members also get access to our toolkits in order to learn and deploy capital to local businesses.
HV Venture Hub Incubation
For eligible companies, the HV Venture Hub incubation services are meant to grow innovation and revenue streams. The HVVF incubator is highly individualized - we don't offer group education and training, rather want to get companies unstuck as soon as possible.
We provide direct incubation resources to companies with:
- High-Potential. We look for startups with a potential to achieve commercialization of differentiated products or services, or established businesses that have a challenge leaving further growth on the table.
- Strong Leadership. Founders that have a clear vision and drive, focus, emotional fortitude, and business IQ required to adapt and achieve ongoing success.
- Foundational Traction. Before joining our incubator, companies have achieved a significant foundational traction required to tackle the next significant milestone of a pragmatic strategic plan.
What are some of the services we provide during incubation?
- An Assessment and Review of Business Opportunities: The incubation process begins with a complete review of your business model, the competitive landscape, and determines the best path forward to become unstuck.
- Venture Hub Advisement: Our advisement program matches entrepreneurs with paid subject-matter experts to address business challenges and milestones.
- Pitching to HV Angel Hub: HV Angel Hub is a program for current or aspiring angel investors to learn the concepts, network with others, and begin making local investments.