Alumni & Friends
There are almost 150 scholarship opportunities available for this fall!
Applications close April 6, 2021.
Many of you might think that you aren’t eligible for a scholarship. Or, your fall plans may be uncertain. We encourage you to apply. It’s easy.
The SUNY New Paltz Foundation raises generous donations to support scholarships for SUNY New Paltz students.
Let’s dispel a few myths about scholarships:
- You do not need to be at the top of your class. While GPA’s are considered in some scholarships, not ALL of them rely upon a 3.0 or greater.
- Financial need can “look” different from one person to the next – especially today! Do not let the phrase “preference for financial need” keep you from applying.
- Essays do not have to be lengthy – sometimes a paragraph is all it takes to say what you need to say. They are how committees can learn more about you. Some of our scholarships only require a General Application – and you will be auto-matched to the opportunities that you are eligible for.
How can we help?
- If you are unsure what to do – email firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll answer your questions.
- If you are unsure where to find the opportunities – visit newpaltz.edu/scholarships.
- If you can’t find any opportunities that you think you are eligible for – email email@example.com and tell us you need help searching. We will help you search, either by providing you a list or speaking to you directly.
For emergencies – right now, not a need for this coming fall – consider applying to the Student Crisis Fund.