All students are subscribed by default and must login to http://my.newpaltz.edu to opt-out or customize their contact preferences. Faculty/staff must register to receive emergency alert notifications.
Once logged in to my.newpaltz.edu, go to the "Student Services" or "Faculty/Staff Services" tab, and then the NPAlert & NPForward channel.
- Logging in to access your account or for faculty/staff to register
- Joining non-emergency text messaging groups
- Login to http://my.newpaltz.edu
- Go to the Faculty/Staff Services or Student Services tab
- Click on the NPAlert & NPForward channel.
We currently have three optional groups you may join:
- Class of 20XX: This is a group for first year students to receive occasional text messages with information specific to their class
- New Paltz Student Activities: Occassional text messages will be sent to you promoting select events on campus
- Off-Campus/Commuter Students: The Office of Student Activities and Union Services will use this group to send updates for off-campus students for things such as: Living Off-Campus 101 Workshops, Commuter Appreciation Days, Off-Campus Student Socials, Off-Campus Student Union events and promotion, Upcoming Registration Workshop for new Transfer Students, Planning on Living Off-Campus Workshops, and Commuter Locker Rentals (beginning fall 2010 when the Construction is complete).
To join, after you login to http://my.newpaltz.edu and NP Alert, you'll see the Groups dashboard and the above groups listed under "Official Groups." Select the one you want to join, then choose "join" on the following page.