What do I need to re-enter if I travel outside the US while on OPT or STEM OPT Extension?
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 visa
- OPT or STEM OPT extension I-20 signed within the past 6 months
- OPT or STEM OPT extension EAD card
- Letter from employer verifying your employment on return to the US
To request a Travel Signature while on OPT or STEM OPT Extension:
Email following materials to the International Student Office at New Paltz via email email@example.com with Subject line “Travel Signature”:
- Copies of the identification page of passport and visa information page and most recent I-94 record
- OPT or STEM extension EAD card
- Pre-paid UPS airbill listing International Programs as the sender and you as the recipient- Please follow the instructions on how to create a UPS shipping label
- Dates of travel (no itinerary required)
Additionally, you can bring your documents to the International Student Services office during walk in hours and we will be able to sign your current I-20.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Student Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-257-3595.