New Paltz Logo
Paying for Your Education

International Student Services: Newly Admitted Students

Paying for Your Education

The following information is provided to help you prepare to pay for your tuition, fees and living expenses, including residence hall charges and meal plans, while you are a student at SUNY New Paltz. You will receive a final bill after you have registered, but an estimate of your expenses is available from Student Accounts. Specific questions may be directed to Office of Student Accounts at (845) 257-3150 or by Fax: (845) 257-3495. You may also find helpful information on the Student Accounts website.

Payment in full is due on or before the first day of classes. You have several payment options:

Cash or Travelers Check - Travelers Checks are recommended.

Personal Check - Must be in US$ drawn on a bank with a United States branch.

Credit Card - If you choose this method, keep in mind that some credit cards have per-day or per-week limits on the amount you may charge. If your credit card limits you to $1,000 per day and you must pay a total of $4,000 you may need to come to the Office of Student Accounts four times to pay your total bill.

Time Payment Plan - This program allows you to spread out your payments over the course of the semester. Additional information is available from the Office of Student Accounts.

International Wire Transfer - This may be completed before you arrive on Campus. You will need to contact your bank in your home country to request specific information about fees and procedures for transferring money to the United States. Once you have contacted your bank, notify the Office of Student Accounts that you will be sending a wire transfer and request the Routing Number and Swift Code. You may contact them by telephone at (845) 257-3150 or by e-mail at

Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Students have two options to transfer money electronically to SUNY New Paltz. The first option is to send the funds directly from a personal bank account into the College's bank account. The other option is through peerTransfer which allows the student to initiate the transfer in the currency of their choice. PeerTransfer then converts the currency into US dollars and deposits the payment directly into the College's account. Fees are charged for either of these options by the student's bank or by peerTransfer depending on which option is used. Please contact the Office of Student Accounts for more information.

If you have specific questions, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at (845) 257-3150.

Latest News