Omicron Delta Epsilon -- The Beta Upsilon Chapter at New Paltz
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the international honor society for Economics. It is one of the largest academic honor societies in the world. It was established in 1963 as a result of a merger of two honor societies: Omicron Delta Gamma and Omicron Chi Epsilon.
Omicron Delta Epsilon has six important objectives:
- Recognition of scholastic attainment in economics.
- Recognition of outstanding achievements in economics on the part of economists at all levels.
- Establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within the university.
- Establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in Economics.
- Publication of an official journal The American Economist.
- Emphasize the professional aspects of economics as a career field for service in the academic world, business, government, and international organizations.
The New Paltz Beta Upsilon chapter was established in 2008. Each year students who have completed 12 semester hours in Economics, and have distinguished themselves with highest scholastic achievements, are initiated into the New Paltz chapter. The New Paltz chapter strives to:
- Confer distinction for high scholastic achievement in economics.
- Stimulate and promote student interest in all aspects of economics.
- Establish continuity in student involvement in economic associations on campus.
Chapter activities include:
- Organizing an annual initiation ceremony for officers and new members.
- Organizing field trips to the New York City's financial district (Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Museum of Finance etc.) or the United Nations.
- Organizing trips to professional conferences such as the Eastern Economic Association's annual conference.
- Organizing lectures by prominent economists.
- Organizing workshops on a variety of topics.
For additional information on Omicron Delta Epsilon at New Paltz please contact the faculty advisor.
Office: JFT 818
Phone: (845) 257-2944
The Economics Club at SUNY New Paltz is a student organization committed to promoting economic literacy on campus and in our community. To this end, the Club's annual activities include organizing field trips to the New York City's financial district, lectures by prominent economists, trips to professional conferences, and workshops on a variety of topics.
Club membership is open to all SUNY New Paltz students. To become a member and participate in club activities, please contact the faculty advisor.
Office: JFT 814A
Phone: (845) 257-2378