FALL 2020 #YOUAREWELCOMEHERE SCHOLARSHIP
SUNY New Paltz is proud to offer the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship, which recognizes promising international students with a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. SUNY New Paltz will select two first-year undergraduate international students starting in Fall semesters to receive an annual, renewable scholarship to cover 50% of their tuition.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- First-year undergraduate international applicants of any major at SUNY New Paltz.
(An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.)
Applicants who graduated from or hold attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S.
- Applicants who have demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines of SUNY New Paltz.
- Applicants who demonstrate financial resources for the remaining expenses not covered by the scholarship.
- Apply online for undergraduate admission online: edu/applysuny or commonapp.org
- Submit the following admission documents with your admission application:
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Application fee
- SAT (optional)
- TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5
- Complete the one-page scholarship application and email it to email@example.com.
- Submit a 500-1000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2020.
- If awarded, students must confirm their enrollment at SUNY New Paltz within 15 days of award notification by paying the $250 pre-enrollment deposit. (Information on how to pay this will be received after admission.)
If you have questions or if you need help with your application process, please contact:
International Admission Advisor
- The scholarship is for SUNY New Paltz tuition only. It does not cover other expenses such as university fees, parking permits, books or supplies, etc. Students must demonstrate the ability to pay for the remaining expenses by submitted a bank statement from themselves or their sponsor.
- This scholarship has no cash exchange value and is non-transferable.