FALL 2019 #YOUAREWELCOMEHERE SCHOLARSHIP
SUNY New Paltz is proud to offer the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship, which recognizes promising international students with a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. SUNY New Paltz will select two first-year undergraduate international students to receive an annual, renewable scholarship to cover 50% of their tuition ($16,650 USD per year) beginning in the Fall 2019 semester.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
New Paltz has a very limited number of merit based scholarships available for students with strong academic credentials. Accepted students will be selected for a merit scholarship by the Scholarship Committee based solely on academic credentials. Selected students will be notified on a rolling basis after January 30. No separate application is necessary for scholarship consideration.
New Paltz offers a very limited number of scholarships to transfer students from Ulster and Dutchess County Community Colleges.
Accepted students will be selected for a merit scholarship by the Scholarship Committee based solely on academic credentials. Selected students will be notified on a rolling basis beginning March 15. No separate application is necessary for scholarship consideration.
Scholarships and financial assistance are not available to international students.
- Apply online for undergraduate admission online: edu/applysuny
- Submit the following admission documents with your admission application:
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Application fee
- SAT (recommended but not required for admission)
- TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.5 (recommended but not required for admission)
- Complete the one-page scholarship application and email it to email@example.com by February 1, 2019.
- Submit a 500-1000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment, or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2019.
- If awarded, students must confirm their enrollment at SUNY New Paltz by April 1, 2019 by paying the $250 pre-enrollment deposit to the SUNY New Paltz admission office. (Information on how to pay this will be received after admission).
If you have questions or if you need help with your application process, please contact:
International Admission Advisor
- The scholarship is for SUNY New Paltz tuition only. It does not cover other expenses such as university fees, parking permits, books or supplies, etc. Students must demonstrate the ability to pay for the remaining expenses by submitted a bank statement from themselves or their sponsor.
- This scholarship has no cash exchange value and is non-transferable.
- The scholarship must be awarded by Spring 2019.