Campus Auxiliary Services is seeking to hire a farmers market coordinator to facilitate the weekly farmers market at SUNY New Paltz for the spring 2020 semester. A student with an interest in local agriculture, sustainability and/or managing weekly events and markets is preferred. The farmers market takes place every Thursday during the spring and fall semesters from 10:30am-2:30pm.
- Set up and break down of market (9:00am and 3:00pm respectively)
- Collect Vendor Fees from all vendors and deliver to CAS office
- Communicate with clubs and vendors to organize the markets
- Reach out to other farmers/producers to expand the market
- Public relations and farmers market social media-working with Jacqueline Pascar
- Maintain good relationships with market vendors and organizations
- Maintain relationships with UPD and other campus departments to ensure the markets run smoothly
The position is available immediately.
To apply, contact Steve Deutsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.