Campus Auxiliary Services is seeking to hire a student to facilitate the weekly farmers market at SUNY New Paltz. A student with an interest in local agriculture, sustainability and/or managing weekly events and markets is preferred. The Farmer Market takes place every Thursday during the spring and fall semesters from 10:30am-3:30pm.
- The farmers market coordinator needs to be at the market during set up from 9:30 to 10:30 and breakdown from 3:00 to 4:00. Ideally, the farmers market coordinator has a light class schedule on Thursdays so that the person is available to be physically present at the market as much as possible.
- Setting up and breaking down of the market (9:00am and 4:00pm respectively)
- Collecting Vendor Fees from all vendors and deliver to CAS office
- Communicating with clubs and vendors to organize the markets
- Reaching out to other farmers/producers to expand the market
- Public relations and farmers market social media-working
- Maintaining good relationships with market vendors and organizations
- Maintaining relationships with UPD and other campus departments to ensure the market runs smoothly
The position is available immediately. This is a paid position at $11.10 per hour.
To apply, contact Steve Deutsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.