The Co-Coordinators of the Sustainability Faculty Learning Community are pleased to share the latest version of events scheduled for Fall 2021:
Main Program Workshops (Required for 2021-22 Fellows)
- Wednesday, September 29 at 8 am - Final presentations of the 2020-21 cohort of Sustainability Faculty Fellows
- Three main gatherings - TBD in October & November, typically at 8 am on a weekday
- January Institute - January 18 & 19
- Spring 2022 programming to be developed
Discussion-Based Gatherings to Explore Sustainability Frameworks and Themes
(optional ~ Fellows from all cohorts invited)
- Tuesday, October 19 at 3:30 - Exploring Just Sustainabilities - An in-person discussion of Julian Agyeman's Just Sustainabilities framework facilitated by Katie Hunt of the Communication Department and Co-Coordinator of the Sustainability Faculty Learning Community (all Fellows invited). A number of Julian Agyeman's e-books are available in the Sojourner Truth Library.
- Tuesday, November 2 at 3:30 - Using the Global Goals as a Teaching Framework - A presentation by Andrea Varga followed by a group discussion and exploration of the Global Goals as a sustainability framework for teaching. Also, visit www.globalgoals.org for more information.
- Thursday, November 18 at 3:30 - Sand Talk: Exploring Indigenous Thinking in Relation to Sustainability Together - In this talking circle, we will explore some concepts from Tyson Yunkaporta's Sand Talk: How Indigenous Thinking can Save the World. He is an aboriginal Apalech scholar based in Queensland, Australia. He works as a Senior Lecturer in Indigenous Knowledge at Deakin University in Melbourne. Hard copies of Sand Talk have been ordered and will be available to borrow from the Sojourner Truth Library. This conversation will be facilitated by Andrea Frank of the Art Department (Photography) and Co-Coordinator of the Sustainability Faculty Learning Community
More discussion-based events to be announced!
Community Building Events
(Optional ~ Fellows from all cohorts invited)
- Thursday, September 30 at 5 pm - Social gathering at a home near campus. Rain date October 7 at 5 pm.
- Thursday, October 21 at 5 pm - Social gathering & potluck dinner around a backyard fire at a home near campus. Rain date October 28 at 5 pm.
More community-building events to be announced!