Sustainability Seed Funding Goals:
- Foster a thriving, resilient, sustainable campus & community through cooperation, partnership, awareness
- Support sustainability leadership across campus.
- Infuse sustainability into your day-to-day work.
- Incorporate a sustainability consciousness into other priorities and trends.
- Plant the seeds for SUNY New Paltz to be nationally recognized as a sustainable higher education institution.
Who can apply?
- Campus employees
Eligible Funding Requests:
- Paid on-campus student internships and research projects, with close supervision from a faculty member. The intention for this work is for the outcome of this research to have a lasting impact on campus, such as strengthening faculty sustainability-related teaching or research or that knowledge gained from findings will inform sustainability thinking or planning on campus.
- Professional development (off-campus, on-campus, or online)
- Materials and supplies for sustainability research, projects, and programs, in and outside of the classroom
- Guest speakers for a targeted audience for a narrow educational or co-curricular purpose (ie. to bring in an outside expert to connect classroom teaching to the region)
Asking for matching funds from other departments is strongly encouraged.
Ineligible Funding Requests
Ineligible funding requests include but are not limited to:
- Guest speakers for general sustainability programs
- Faculty stipends
- Travel expenses including mileage, rental cars, hotels, and meals
- Off-campus projects
Submit your proposal to the Office of Campus Sustainability via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sustainability Seed Fund - Insert Project Title" in the subject line.