The SUNY Office of Global Affairs has released guidance by which campuses can petition to offer study abroad opportunities in the spring 2022 semester. Following this guidance, New Paltz is moving forward with plans to safely open a select number of travel programs.
As we make requests for program approval, we continue to monitor and assess the risk of international travel by consulting the guidance from the US Department of State and the CDC in collaboration with our partner universities abroad.
All program admissions are conditional until the program has been fully approved for relaunch. Students are advised to make alternate arrangements for enrollment in New Paltz classes for the spring semester in the event that a program is cancelled and to make no financial investment in travel. Please contact us with any questions.
While we remain cautiously optimistic about a few programs opening in the spring semester, we encourage you to prepare for your future Study Abroad experience. What can you do now?
- Attend an information session with the Study Abroad Advisor or a former study abroad student. We will continue to offer these opportunities through the fall semester.
- Apply for a passport – this process may take 4 to 6 months.
- Review options for semester, summer and academic year program and find the best match for you!
- Talk to your academic advisor and EOP advisor and review your major’s 8 semester plan to determine the best time for you to study abroad.
- Look at these fabulous photos taken by New Paltz students who studied abroad and dream of waking up in Milan, Guadalajara, London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Limerick, or Cairo amongst other amazing study abroad destinations!
- Start your application – it is not too early to apply!
We are here to support Global Learning for each New Paltz student and look forward to seeing you soon!
Watch our virtual study abroad fair recordings here:
Watch our Study Abroad Welcome and General Program Overview with Director Beth Vargas, and Study Abroad Advisors Catherine Collado and Bianca Sylvain.
Study Abroad Welcome and General Program Overview
Financing Study Abroad
Scholarships for Study Abroad
Study Abroad at the University of Limerick
Participate in an On-Campus Living-Learning Community
SUNY Global Engagement Program
Career Resource Center: Professional Benefits of Study and Internships Abroad
Faculty-Led Program: Cultural Engagement in Guatemala
Faculty-Led Program: Art History in Italy/Greece
Knowledge Exchange Institute: Learn about this summer's virtual Global Leadership Seminar and Internship in Italy program
Summer 2021 Virtual Study Abroad Programs
Fall 2021 In-Person and Academic Year 2021-2022 In-Person Study Abroad Programs