Starfish connects students to the information, resources, and services they need to succeed through a personalized success network. It houses an early warning feature that allows faculty to provide student performance feedback early in the semester, connecting students with the support they need.
Starfish helps you ...
- Set up your office hours and schedule appointments with students
- Raise early alerts (flags & kudos) for students
- Find a “one-stop-shop” organized list of students you are connected to (advisee/advisor relationship, professor/student relationship, etc.)
- Send messages to students you are connected to.
Want to get started?
Log-in through my.newpaltz.edu OR use this direct link.
For an introduction to Starfish, watch the Intro to Starfish Series Part 1 & 2.
Get Familiar with Starfish
Starfish Video Tutorials
The following videos provide a brief introduction to the features of Starfish.
Getting Started with Starfish
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Faculty Features in Starfish
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Preparing for a Productive Student Meeting
Setting Up Your Profile and Calendar
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Updating your Profile
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Updating your Office Hours
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Email Notifications for Appointments & Tracking
Providing Student Feedback
- Types of Student Feedback
- Faculty and Staff Demo Series: Closing the Loop and Clearing Flags
- Enrollment Census Survey Instructions
- Spring22_Progress Survey Instructions