This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY New Paltz students in various subjects.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free.
- Online tutoring is part of shared services consortium with 19 other SUNY colleges.
- Each participating SUNY—including SUNY New Paltz—identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring.
- The following core subjects are specific to SUNY New Paltz students:
- Math - Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics
- Chemistry - Introductory, General, & Organic
- Biology - Introductory & Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics - Introductory
- Accounting –Any course below the 400 level
- Computer Science – Introductory
- Economics - Introductory, Micro, & Macro
- Psychology- Introductory
- Writing - Any course below the 400 level (except foreign languages)
- Upper-Level Writing -through Masters level (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday ONLY)
Hours and Availability
February 2, 2020-May 7, 2020
Sunday-Thursday, 7 p.m. to Midnight
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor
- To receive tutoring, a student must enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00pm and midnight Sundays through Thursdays. Refer to the schedule for available subjects each evening.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: http://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule.
- To access tutoring, click on the “Request a Tutor” button and fill out the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on a room opened for your subject to enter the room and work with a tutor.
- There may be a wait, as students are helped in the order in which they log on. Tutors will greet students in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
If you encounter any problems with the website, or have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.