Peer advisors are trained, upper-level students who can help you build academic skills, understand key educational technologies, and utilize campus resources. Our peer advisors come from a variety of backgrounds and majors, all with a common interest of helping other students find personal and academic success.
Ways a Peer Advisor Can Help You:
Peer advisors understand there are many factors that contribute to your success. Through academic coaching and advising and registration support, peer advisors will help you define and achieve your personal and academic goals.
- Identify your strengths and potential obstacles to success
- Build time management and goal setting strategies
- Navigate campus resources that will support your academic and personal success
Advising and Registration
- Prepare for advisor meetings
- Utilize registration tools like your progress report, My Schedule Planner, and the Schedule of Classes
- Navigate my.newpaltz.edu, Starfish, and other key educational technologies
- Understand academic policies
Meet with a Peer Advisor:
To view our peer advisor's availability, log into my.newpaltz.edu and click Center for Student Success.
Coaching with Peer Advisor scheduled sessions are one-on-one in the Center for Student Success in Old Main, B106. Peer Advisor Drop-Ins are available in the lower-level lobby of Wooster Hall, Monday-Friday. More drop-in locations may be added to the schedule throughout the semester.