Peer advisors are trained, upper-level students who can help you build academic skills, understand key educational technologies, and utilize campus resources. Our peer advisors come from a variety of backgrounds and majors, all with a common interest of helping other students find personal and academic success. Click here to meet them!
How to Meet With a Peer Advisor:
Services are being offered remotely via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Our Peer Advisors are available for both drop-in visits and for scheduled coaching appointments. To view their availability and schedule appointments, click here!
A confirmation email will be sent to your email when you schedule a coaching appointment. Follow these steps to visit a Peer Advisor during their drop-in hours:
+ Login to Blackboard (blackboard.newpaltz.edu)
+ Click on "Community"
+ Under "My community" click on "Center for Student Success"
+ On the left side of the page, click "Connect with CSS services"
Ways a Peer Advisor Can Help You:
Peer advisors understand there are many factors that contribute to your success. Through academic coaching and advising and registration support, peer advisors will help you define and achieve your personal and academic goals.
- Identify your strengths and potential obstacles to success
- Build time management and goal setting strategies
- Navigate campus resources that will support your academic and personal success
Advising and Registration
- Prepare for advisor meetings
- Utilize registration tools like your progress report, My Schedule Planner, and the Schedule of Classes
- Navigate my.newpaltz.edu, Starfish, and other key educational technologies
- Understand academic policies