Orientation Leaders (OLs)/Peer Mentors are a group of student leaders who have the primary responsibility of helping first-year and transfer students make a smooth transition into SUNY New Paltz by serving as resources and role models for the newest members of our SUNY New Paltz community. Orientation Leaders assist with new student orientation and family orientation, and continue their commitment to serve first-year and transfer students by participating in a variety of events throughout the academic year.
The Orientation Leader/ Peer Mentor application is now available!
- Application is due no later than 12 p.m. Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
- You MUST attend a OL/Peer mentor General Interest (G.I) meeting to apply. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please contact Student Development at 845-257-3088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
- For more information on the position and/or selection process, please refer to the OL/Peer mentor experience brochure.
OL/PEER MENTOR G.I DATES
- Tuesday, February 19 at 8 p.m. in SU 62/63
- Wednesday, February 20 at 11:30 a.m or 5 p.m. in SU 62/63
- Thursday, February 21 at 7 p.m. in SU 62/63
- Reference form must be submitted to the Center of Student Development by 4 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019.
If you have any questions concerning the application and/or selection process, please do not hesitate to contact the Student Development office at 845-257-3088 or email us at email@example.com. We wish you the best through out the process and thank you for your interest!
Center for Student Development