Student Accounts

Special Programs

AmeriCorps Vouchers

Students who have received an AmeriCorps award may use their voucher to pay for qualified educational expenses. Students who wish to use their AmeriCorps voucher for this purpose may submit their voucher to the Office of Student Accounts or request payment be made to SUNY New Paltz online at The voucher should indicate the amount the student authorizes the College to use for the current semester. For additional information regarding the use of AmeriCorps awards for paying qualified educational costs, please contact the Office of Student Accounts.


Recruitment Incentive & Retention Program (RIRP)

The Division of Military and Naval Affairs offers a recruitment incentive and retention program that can pay for the cost of tuition for qualifying members, up to the maximum resident tuition rate (currently $3,085 per semester). Books, fees, room and board are the responsibility of the member. To qualify, a member must:

  • Be an active member in good standing of the New York Army or Air National Guard, or Naval Militia, and not be flagged for unfavorable personnel actions,
  • Be a graduate of initial active duty for training or a commissioning source,
  • Be accepted, enrolled, and matriculated at a New York college on a full or part time basis, taking at least 6 credit hours during the semester,
  • Be a resident of New York State for at least 186 days prior to applying,
  • Maintain good academic standing and good military standards, and
  • Have an ETS date beyond the semester in which application is made.

The benefit is applicable for the first bachelor's degree only. To be eligible, students must also apply for Federal and State financial aid. The amount of the tuition waiver benefit is reduced by the amount of TAP and VTAP grants offered to the student.

Applications must be submitted to a student's unit commander or designee. Please contact your unit commander for more important information regarding DMNA tuition waivers.



Employees of the State University of New York may qualify for tuition waivers. Waivers may be offered through the employee's bargaining unit, and/or through the college where the employee works. Please contact your local bargaining unit representatives or human resource office where you are employed for information.

Employees of SUNY New Paltz must submit completed, approved waiver forms to the SUNY New Paltz Human Resources Office.

Employee waivers cover tuition only. Full time employees must submit a request to the Human Resources Office for a waiver of partial fees. Part time employees are responsible for student fees and other charges. All charges that an employee is responsible for paying must be submitted by the payment deadline indicated.

For more information go to the Human Resources Web site.

Ensuring eligibility and payment of education benefits offered by external (non-SUNY) employers is the sole responsibility of the student. Payment deadlines and penalties still apply.



ACCES-VR (formerly VESID), is an office of the New York State Education Department, that, each year, offers thousands of New Yorkers with disabilities an opportunity to become independent through education, training, and employment.

ACCES-VR may provide vocational rehabilitation funding for certain students. Eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services is based upon:

1. the presence of a physical or mental disability which for the individual constitutes or results in a substantial handicap to employment; and
2. the reasonable expectation that vocational rehabilitation services may benefit the individual in terms of employability.

For more information, contact them via their web site at

The New York State Commission for the Blind and Visually-Handicapped (CBVH) provides vocational rehabilitation and other direct services to blind and visually impaired New York State residents, including children, adults, and elderly persons. One of CBVH's primary objectives is to assist consumers in achieving economic self-sufficiency and full integration into society. CBVH offers these services from seven district offices across the state. You may also contact them via their web site at



The College has a modest scholarship and awards program. Most of the awards are given to continuing students; however, there are some scholarships available to freshmen or transfer students. Freshmen and transfers should consult the Office of Admissions regarding scholarships. Information and application forms for continuing student scholarships and awards are available in the offices of all academic departments and in the Financial Aid Office during the months of February and/or March.

Students who are receiving scholarships from other sources must send documentation to the Office of Student Accounts regarding the amounts, conditions, and funding sources of such scholarships, so that we may defer that portion of the student's bill and work with the funding source to ensure payment to the College.

**Please note: Scholarship monies are included in financial aid award calculations, and may affect the amount of a student's financial aid award. Please contact the Financial Aid Office with questions regarding scholarships and potential changes in award packages.



You may be eligible for Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty (Eligibility Based on Active Duty), also referred to as Chapter 30, if you served on active duty and meet the following condition:

- You first entered service on or after July 1, 1985, and had your pay reduced by $100 per month for 12 months during service for educational purposes or you entered service before January 1,1977 and you have educational assistance entitlement remaining under the Vietnam Era GI Bill®.

Go to web site: for more information and the Application for VA Education Benefits.

Please mail completed applications back to the Office of Veteran & Military Services, SUB 100C \ SUNY New Paltz, 400 Hawk Drive, New Paltz, NY 12561.