Edit Page

Student Accounts

1098T Information

1098T Forms for Tax Preparation

1098-T forms are the forms used to claim qualified tuition and expenses on your Federal income tax forms.

1098-T forms are generated toward the end of January each year, and reflect all qualified tuition charges within the calendar year, as well as any grants, and\or scholarships if applicable. If, for some reason, you do not receive your 1098-T by the end of January, you can download and print your forms from your Student Account webpage, on my.newpaltz.edu.

SUNY New Paltz Federal EIN identification number is: 16-1514621


What is reported on the 1098-T form?

Federal guidelines state that not all expenses billed on a student’s invoice are able to be reported by SUNY New Paltz.  Therefore, only ‘qualified charges’ are reported on the 1098T.

Qualified Charges represent the Tuition + College Fee; Technology Fee, as well as any Lab Fees associated with classes the student may be registered for. We do not report any other charges on the 1098T. If you would like a breakdown of all payments made toward the student’s account, you may print out a Statement of Accounts from the student’s MY.NEWPALTZ.EDU page. Please talk to your tax professional if you have questions regarding what you can claim when you file your taxes.


Social Security Numbers

Students must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN), or Tax ID Number (TIN) on file with the Office of Records and Registration in order to receive a 1098T form. Failure to have either a valid SSN or TIN on file will not receive a SSB.


Beginning for the 2018 year 1098Ts

Beginning in January 2019 (for the 2018 calendar year), SUNY New Paltz with be reporting PAYMENTS toward qualified tuition charges. Therefore, only money paid toward these qualified tuition charges, and not the charges themselves, will be what is reported on the 1098T. Please be aware of this change when filing your 2018 taxes.