“Category Management is clearly what differentiates the SUNY New Paltz Food Marketing Track from all others.”
– Food Industry CEO
THE GLOBAL FOOD INDUSTRY
The objective of these courses is to:
- Educate students about the global food industry at all levels, with a focus on food distribution, category management, retail and merchandising.
- Students will learn the application of traditional marketing strategies, concepts, and tactics to food retailing, merchandising and category management.
FOOD MARKETING OVERVIEW
Participants will explore and prepare for a career in the food industry along one of the several potential career paths, including:
- food retail management
- category management
- sales management
- brand management
The following food marketing courses are being offered:
BUS325 / Marketing Principles
BUS327 / Sales Management
BUS328 / Food Retail Management
BUS329 / Category Management
BUS429 / Marketing Strategy
Open to all School of Business majors.
Students participating in food marketing courses will have the following opportunities:
- Tours of food facilities and relationships with industry leaders
- Interviewing opportunities with key food companies
- Access to guest speakers and program-related events
- Opportunities to travel to industry conferences like the National Grocers Association Case Competition in Las Vegas
- Internship and potential placement opportunities at over 250 companies in the food industry
- Be taught Food Marketing and Category Management at the only university in New York teaching these differentiated skills.