SUNY New Paltz celebrates its 15th year of participation in the National Make A Difference Day Program
MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY 2019
Saturday, October 19th
THIS YEAR'S ACTIVITIES
As part of the 2019 Make a Difference Day events, we will have two elements of the program: collections (leading up to the event with collections on Friday) and hands-on service (Saturday). We encourage students, faculty, and staff to participate in this great traditional event at New Paltz. Keep reading for more details on how to participate.
Keep in touch and post photos for this year's event at #NPVolunteers
FORMS AND OTHER MARKETING PIECES
Sign up begins August 26, 2019!
SERVICE HOST SITE
Is your local agency interested in hosting our volunteers on Saturday, October 19 from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (approximate)? Sign up begins August 26, 2019!
To Be Determined
HANDS ON SERVICE
As always, many people are interested in volunteering their time. Below are ways that you can volunteer. Please note that we will assign students to the service agency with the greatest need.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19 (ALL SERVICE TIMES WILL BE CONFIRMED VIA E-MAIL ON MONDAY OCT. 14):
The schedule of events is as follows. Service sites are to be determined and volunteers will be assigned to agencies with the greatest need. We will do our best to put registered groups and requests together. Many sites are outdoors and some may involve pets/animals. If you have any special needs, require accommodations, or have allergies, please make sure to note that on your online volunteer registration form or e-mail email@example.com in advance.
- Check-in and registration, Lecture Center South Lobby, 8 a.m.
- Opening and kick-off remarks, Lecture Center 100, 9 a.m.
- Departure for service site by 9:30 a.m.
- Return back to campus from service site, no later than 3 p.m.
SPECIAL NOTE TO VOLUNTEERS:
- Many service sites will have outdoor activities, so dress appropriately for the weather and a variety of service activities.
- Wear clothes you are okay getting dirty, wear layers of clothing, and good shoes/boots. DO NOT WEAR SANDALS. Many sites will provide work gloves, but if you have some, bring them with you.
- We will provide snacks for during the day, but this is not a meal. We encourage you to pack a lunch, bring a water bottle, and bring additional snacks.
VIEW VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES:
- Farm to Food Pantry Collaborative at Brooks Family Farm
- Salvation Army
- Seed Song Farm
- Wallkill Valley Rail Trail Clean-up
- Youth Mission Outreach