Graduate Assistant Position for 2020-2021
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis with a review beginning April 15, 2020. Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly.
The Center for Student Engagement is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant for Community Engagement. The new center opening July 1, 2020 is part of the division of Student Affairs which provides services including orientation and first year programs, leadership development and student activities, fraternity and sorority support, student union building operations, and community and civic engagement.
Graduate Assistant for Community Engagement
- Develop and host virtual/online/alternative format programming and engagement opportunities
- Develop and conduct Volunteer Basics workshops for students and student organizations
- Supervise the UlsterCorps Associate Board
- Maintain the NPVolunteers Blog of available service opportunities
- Develop and Maintain Things to Do and Services in New Paltz and surrounding community
- Co-plan and execute Blue Day (fall) and Orange Day (spring)
- Support the Stepping into Diversity Leadership Program
- Assist in the planning and coordination of Volunteer Fair and Make a Difference Day
- Serve on the Student Voter and Civic Engagement Committee
- Serve on the Beyond the Echo Chamber Dialogue Series Planning Team
- Oversee student club participation for spring Accepted Student Day events
- Assist in the consultation, review, and approval of student club events
- Serve on Weekend Duty Rotation for department weekend event and Student Union supervision
Please review the 2020-2021 Graduate Assistant Position Description for more detailed information about the position, responsibilities, and remuneration.