Edit Page

Undergraduate Research

Conference Travel Funds


The RSCA program offers two types of professional conference travel awards, the Undergraduate Research Experience Travel Award (URETA) and the Student Travel Award (STA)

Faculty who mentor student presenters may also receive funding. See the details in the URETA and STA applications or this flow chart.

The URETA award is available to students who have participated in either of the SURE or AYURE programs. This award supports attendance at a professional conference or performance to present the results of the faculty-mentored student research. This award is intended to support the AYURE and SURE students who have made significant accomplishments on the research project.  Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis at least one month prior to travel.

The STA award is available to all undergraduate students (who have NOT been granted a SURE or AYURE award) to present faculty-mentored research results at a professional academic conference or performance. Attendance at a professional conference will build on the faculty mentored research experience by enabling the student to participate in a professional environment of sharing knowledge and creative projects. Students should consult with a faculty mentor to determine if an appropriate conference is available.

Additional funding students:

**The Student Association also offers conference travel funds. Go to the documents link and choose Conference Fund Request.
**The Council on Undergraduate Research offers conference travel funds for several disciplines. Click on the appropriate discipline for instructions. 
Social Sciences
Arts and Humanities

STA and URETA instructions and applications:

Download the URETA instructions and application (fillable PDF) or STA instructions and application (fillable PDF) and a signed Travel Requisition Form 8.17. Both applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please follow the instructions carefully.

*Both URETA and STA applications can now be submitted in hard copy or electronically with PDFs of supporting documentation (abstract, acceptance, etc.). Please note that a travel requisition must be handed in separately with an original signature.

Download the Statement of Automobile Travel (Word) to complete after your travel. This form is only required if a personal automobile was used to travel to the conference. Use of a personal automobile is associated with liabilities. Please note that you will be reimbursed for the lesser cost of personal car use or rental car use.

Students will be representatives of SUNY New Paltz and must adhere to the details of the SUNY Paltz and New York State travel policies.

Past conference travel awardees