Records & Registration

SUNY Reverse Transfer

This SUNY program provides a path for students who have left the community college without the Associate Degree to earn the degree through a combination of credits submitted from other colleges.

In order to be considered for the Associate Degree, the Community College reviews credits earned from SUNY New Paltz as well as from any other institution attended. Once an initial degree evaluation has been completed, the Community College then informs the student of any additional steps needed in order to be awarded the Associate Degree.

This program is strictly for students who have left a SUNY Community College and are matriculated in a SUNY 4-year institution.


Students who are interested in pursuing this opportunity, should submit a reverse transfer request

Any questions?  Please click here to contact.

Students can track the progress of their request by logging on here.


Once the Associates Degree is awarded, students should send to Records & Registration an updated official transcript showing the degree in order to update remaining requirements.